Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Nice render Tim. :)

I got Bryce7 Pro, Spherical Mapper, Golden Rules Composition Helpers for Bryce, and platinum club for one quarter. I know by the time spring is here I will get busy with farming/gardening and 3D stuff will be on the back burner.  In the mean time I have lots if things to finish reading and watching, before i get to posting things I make. :)

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895

@Tim82: Good work. A bit dark for my taste, though.

Ok..my first bryce render nothing special just playing to learn. :)

Together.jpg
    1114 x 521 - 74K
  • Liana said:

Ok..my first bryce render nothing special just playing to learn. :)

That has always been the very best way to enjoy Bryce. You are off to a good start, have fun!!

Hitting buttons to 'see what happens' is a great way to learn Bryce and has been a long tradition of people trying to make sense of things. You can ask any Chernobyl technician about that... wink

Meanwhile, here are two for the price of erm...none:

As I have said before, getting a sense of great(er) distances in Bryce mainly seems to be a matter of applying the right materials or using haze in a clever fashion.

(well, for me, anyway)

This next one I stole from one of David and Horo's excelent packages for Bryce. (kudo's to you two guys, they are worth every penny twice over!)

Solidify your clouds and voila, instant ice:

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited January 2016

@Tim82, great renders, pleasing view across the terrain, this would also be good with a nice snow and rocky outcrop type material.  The sky also looks great.  The test render is also nice as are the blackberries which look quite convincing, though I don't know if it is my monitor setup, but I found the last one a bit on the dark side.

@Liana, well done, I think my first Bryce render was something like a water plane and a terrain... Since then I've gone on to add, if I am feeling adventerous, a cloud slab.  Though in the example I will attach, lit with one of Horo's Sunless HDRI skies http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-sunless-hdri-skies I've kept things simple.  The terrain material and the terrain itself taken from our High Resolution Terrain sets.

@Rembrant, yes a good portion of the fun to be had with Bryce is discovering something interesting that the procedrual terrain and material processes provide at random.  The terrain(s) in your scene create an interesting landscape with a lot of scope for remixing with different texture choices.  Obiously the "ice from clouds" option is more limited because of the technical restrictions of using volumetrics.  The addition of wildlife is good choice to give us a sense of scale and atmosphere.  Aided today by it really being freezing outside!

So this render, as I said to Liana, something simple, an infinite water plane, a terrain, Horo's HDRI and rendered using premium effects to get an anisotropic reflection effect on the water.

Aniso_islands1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 760K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

yeah i think the gamma setting in my gpu settings may be a bit to high, so what appears to be bright for me may be dark for others with default settings :) 

awesome renders from every one by the way :D

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,389

Tim - beautiful still- love the vase

Liana - your 1st Bryce render is very nice, hoping to see more

Rembrandt - two lovely renders, I like the reflections in the second one.

David - awesome work as usual

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105

Some great renders again.

@Tim82

It looks very dark on my monitor too, so dark I can hardly see the blackberries. My monitor is calibrated and set at Gamma 2.2.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,540
    edited January 2016

Liana - great start! Keep it up. Like Rembrandt says, click on those triangles. Once I looked at the Bryce GUI as being an adventure game, I really started to like it.

Rembrandt - Great snow mountain scene. I also really like the ice.

David - W-island, by the look of it. Very nice scene.

Tim - I also find your blackberry still life a bit on the dark side but thought that was intentional. After all, the artist is always right.

Post edited by Horo on

@Rembrandt.. Thanks! Very cool renders. :)

@ David..Thanks. I did this one from watching one of your beginner bryce videos. I added the tree and rock instead of the sphere. Your render is great!

@ Horo, mermaid, Tim, & fishtails. Thanks! I hopfully in time mine will get better. :D Makes notes to think of the Bryce GUI as an adventure and click on lots of triangles. LOL That could be dangerous for me. I have been known to cause all kinds of wonky things to happen. :D

• One of the great strenghts of Bryce, I think,  is that it is a wonderful instrument to put "moods" into a picture.

I can remember years ago, my father and I went fishing on the river 'de Lek' one afternoon. We didn't catch anything but that afternoon had an almost magical atmosphere, much the same as in this render.

It has always been one of my favorite remembrances of my father.

Sometimes Bryce gives you these memories as by accident.

Rembrandt - another beautiful render. smileyyes

edited January 2016

Rembrandt - really very beautiful render. Though it's mostly sky and sea, there are so many details that make it look like a real place.

I took up a previous render and added BTO trees (cedars) by manual instancing them. Added a city on the background and changed light and sky. Exclusively lit by the Sunset2a HDRI from the HDRI 4 Fun set. A distant light at the sun's location with specular only to boost the reflection on the water.

City Park

CityPark.jpg
    800 x 534 - 134K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited January 2016

@Rembrant, good use of atmospheric haze and a nicely composed scene.

@Horo, yes it was W island.  This one is Craggy with DS-sky03_3840.hdr and a material from our high resolution terrains (as was also the source of the terrain).  Your render is very impressive, a great mix of unexpected colours works really well.  The dense vegetation over the distant buildings adds a real sense of complexity and depth.

Aniso_islands2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 853K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 871
    edited January 2016

Another light and skin test. True Ambience, 36 RPP. The light comes from 3 sphere lights. Although the shadow areas got a bit dark, I am quite content with the overall result. IMHO it does not look like a typical Bryce render. Please find more infos about the used products in the DAZ3D gallery. Thanks for watching.

g2midage.jpg
    600 x 600 - 274K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 871
    edited January 2016

Pardon, I unintentionally opened a new post for my bigger picture. Sorry for that.

skin and light test

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

I love everyone's renders. Great work! :)

Horo - beautiful render. the lighting is awesome

David - another outstanding render

Electro-Elvis - you are getting nice results with your experiments.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited January 2016

More super stuff from everyone... And welcome back Mermaid.

Just a bit of sillyness from me for now... (for a change) laugh

FairyLiquidised.jpg
    1584 x 975 - 442K
    FairyLiquidised.jpg
    1584 x 975 - 442K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • More super stuff from everyone... And welcome back Mermaid.

Just a bit of sillyness from me for now... (for a change) laugh

This is actually quite disturbing... laugh Funny, but disturbing.

@Horo ,you make me want to try putting more trees and bushes in some of my renders

@David Brinnen , most times that I try out something with nebulae, moons or galaxies my render becomes just that bit 'over the top'. You make it look easy though.

@Electro-Elvis , nice job! The lighting is very nice indeed.

edited January 2016

Dave –Thanks, nice render

A sci fic render using the Outpost model by Bill Roach (ShareCG) and Horo’s Gascloud A2 Hdri and David’s Ship-Thrust

scific009.jpg
    600 x 600 - 195K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited January 2016

@Electro_Elvis, no not a typical Bryce render, fugures are very tricky, you've done well, the limiation of the render engine in not having SSS is one of the greatest barriers to realism for people.

@Dave, witty and well produced as all your works.  Nice reflections on the blender lid.  A HDRI?

@Rembrandt, luck more than judgement I suspect.  I produce over the top renders too.

@Mermaid, ah, you've joined in the space fun too - cool!

OK still spending too many hours watching 70's sci-fi.  In this render the high resolution terrain "glacier" is used, along with the river material and a techno driven material for the "buildings" which are also just terrains that have been poserized.  I find for an alien sky, the addition of green or magenta seemed to do the trick in the 70's.  This has been added to one of Horo's Sunless sky HDRI's http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-sunless-hdri-skies ;

Glacier_sunless1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited January 2016

Thanks Rembrandt, Mermaid and David... And yes, David, it is one of Horo's HDRI's that comes with Pro7 Content... Is it called 'interior'?

Super space scene Mermaid... I always think it's good to have lots of space in a space scene, if you know what I mean... To give the impression of how big space is.

Great materials as usual David... I do keep dipping into the DTE myself and playing in the Mat Lab to create nice detailed terrain materials, but never seem to get anywhere near the same result you do, so I always revert back to your sets. laugh

edited January 2016

Me tinkering around with terrain materials... A fine example of starting to try and build my own and resorting to tweaking one of Davids instead because mine looked rubbish.

CelticCrossMoor.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 611K
    edited January 2016

David - thank you. Very nice scene with the calm lake and the galaxy. I'm always surprised how terrains change when the surface to height ratio is changed. One terrain is more than one terrain. The greenish landscape interesting, good idea with the posterized terrain "castles".

Electro-Elvis - you get really good with skin. The lady is nicely presented in front of what looks like a curtain.

Mermaid - thank you. Nice space scene.

Dave - beautiful and humorous Fairy Liquid render. Landscape scene looks cool, fitting sky, quite realistic looking.

Rembrandt - I've not done much with vegetation, I should do more. Manual instancing is not too tedious.

Here's a quickie with the highly imaginative name Lines. The camera is in the centre of a dodecahedron with reflection and transparency, a negative sphere cuts holes into the sides. The Strip-lights4a HDRI from the HDRI 4 Fun Set makes the backdrop, the light is from inside, negative HDRI Effect to invert the colours. The green blotches are flares from the lenses of the GWL attached to the camera.

Lines

Lines.jpg
    800 x 800 - 268K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited January 2016

I just finished this and thought i would share smiley

Snake on grass 1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on

He's very nice Tim.

edited January 2016

Tim - that snake is put very nicely in scene and is superbly lit.

Here's another rather redundant terrain I made some time ago. I used two water planes, one I got from David a long time ago and removed transparency, and a bit above my standard water. Ambient light and partly visible in the sky the VC_RealMoon HDRI from our HDRI Captured Volumetric Skies 1 set. The materials on the terrains (stacked) from the  hi-res Terrains 4 set and the Vegetation set.

Lorn Island

LornRock.jpg
    800 x 510 - 119K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • First try :)

Untitled.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 249K

thank you for the nice comments, and all the new renders here are awesome :) 

@Horo, i really like the new terrain, very impressive :)

This discussion has been closed.