Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited March 2016

OK, sorry somehow this post got posted twice, some combination of going back and forth to try and capture the image URL.

Moors1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 651K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on

No I've not been doing any tax forms.  I probably should be looking at my books, it is that time of year after all.  I saw Horo's render and though, I wish I'd done that, so it's nice that it got mistaken for one of mine!  It's getting the credit without any effort.  I've just finished a stint of modelling, fourteen days in Modo, three in UV layout, back in Modo for another day, then some text edting and finally a day of rigging in Poser 10.  Poser does not suit me, I find that last bit a real trial.  Now I can reward myself with a bit of fun in Bryce - while I should be really catching up on other neglected tasks, but anyway, here's a quick render using one of Horo's Sunless HDRI's which I find give a really natural look to the sky and good uniform light.  The Bryce sun is added in.  The river terrain from High Resolution Terrains set 1.  A material from the Vegitation set.  My aim was to create an effect somewhat like the North Yorkshire Moors, which I take the opportunity to drive over whenever I have the chance because in spite of it being a long way, it's a really nice landscape to drive through - just got to keep a weather eye out for wandering sheeps.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited March 2016

@mermaid010 and Horo: Thanks.

@Horo: wonderful craftmanship in your render.

@David Brinnen: Fantastic! You always make me want to do another render myself!

And, I did. Not half as great as the landscapes by Horo and David, but hey, we can't all be geniuses in Bryce, can we? This one I call 'The find'

the find.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

when i see nice landscapes, i cant resist :)

cliffs.jpg
    1274 x 695 - 594K

just finished this and thought i would share :)

infinite.jpg
    1274 x 695 - 694K

@Tim82. Beautiful landscape. Really love the sky. Is that a volumetric sky you made? The necklace looks great too.

thanks hansmar, it is a mix of both hdri and volumetric :)

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited March 2016

Super renders over the past month...too many to comment on. Below, a fishy tale ;) Title: Mermaid

Jay

Mermaid.jpg
    845 x 862 - 510K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

That's nice Jay

• vangoghvangogh Posts: 8

Here is my first image

lake.jpg
    799 x 300 - 249K
    edited March 2016

This 2nd post didn't work so how do I delete it?

Post edited by vangogh on
    edited March 2016

Post edited by vangogh on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,541

Mermaid - thank you.

Tim - thank you. Very nice green coastline. Infinite is beautifully crafted but difficult to present to its advantage.

David - nice landscape.

Hansmar - thank you. Very nice landscape and water. The ship looks a bit flat.

Jay - great POV and use of DOF, very nice underwater scene.

vangogh - very nice landscape with the trees framing the view.

@Horo, thank you, and yes it was a tough one to compose :) ...but ill tell the truth about that render! ....i was more impressed with how the ground texture turned out more than anything :D

@vangogh, if thats your first image! ...im really looking forward to seeing what you wiil come up with in the future :) ....really nice work :)

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,390

David - awesome render, love the clouds

Hansmar - lovely render, I like the sky

Tim- stunning render, the clouds are awesome, the chain render is nice

Jay - great underwater scene

Vangogh - beautiful 1st render,  looking forward to seeing more yes

edited March 2016

@Vangogh, impressive start.  The image seems a little bit "noisy" like maybe too much compression was applied.  If that was not your intended look, make sure you are saving in .bmp format and use some external software to convert it to .jpg that allows you to control the level of compression.

@Mermaid, well the clouds were what Horo managed to capture in the sky, but I've reworked this and added in some clouds of my own.  The terrain material remains as does the water, but I've swapped the terrain for an island from the first set.

Moor_island1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 523K
    edited March 2016

Cheers, Chohole, Horo and Mermaid...much appreciated...haven't submitted anything in recent months as too busy etc.

Wow, vangogh...nice use of opposite colours (colour wheel etc.,) attract.

David, those lower set of clouds look weird, but scene looks great.

Jay

edited March 2016

@Jay, yes I can see what you mean.  Maybe adding some blue helps?

Moor_island2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 488K

Ah yes, much better, David...I think it might also have been the slab-like shape/nature to them that was weird-looking for me. But that said, I've seen some weirder, real-looking clouds in my time heh he ;)

Jay

Tim - yeah, the wood looks great, it just steals the show of the main subject. I thought a bit about it and I find it very difficult to present the chain.

David - nice island, great material and light. What is that square in the water at left? The vertical lines in the water that start at the island look odd. The clouds look indeed better. They fit better into the HDRI sky, probably because the edges are more blurred.

edited March 2016

@Tim82: Thanks for the explanation.

@Jamahoney: Wonderful view. Great sense of depth.

@vangogh: Very nice first render! Indeed a bit noisy. Great to be here in the forum with two of the most famous painters from my home country wink

@David Brinnen: Great seascape again. The second one is indeed better.

@mermaid010: Thanks. Yes, the sky is great. Thanks to the master (David B) who made this preset!

Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited March 2016

Hansmar...thank you...I wish I could comment on recent renders (sorry), but going through them all is 'old-ish' at this stage. Looking at them all, they are super...for Bryce-type works...a limited space where one has to 'push' the render capacity beyond the DAZ philosophy etc.,(...don't ask).

Jay

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,390

@Mermaid, well the clouds were what Horo managed to capture in the sky, but I've reworked this and added in some clouds of my own.  The terrain material remains as does the water, but I've swapped the terrain for an island from the first set.

David- I thought you added a cloud plane to the scene. Horo's Sunless Hdri Skies are awesome. I like the 2nd version of the new render.

Hansmar- thanks, I need to check the presets more often.blush

• Rembrandt_2647480Rembrandt_2647480 Posts: 113
    edited March 2016

@ David & Horo  Ah well... one of three things may have gone wrong here: A) You are -secretly- one and the same person, B) Filling out tax forms is a repressed memory or C) I made a mista....nah, can't be, it must have been a combination of a hard days work and a stiff glass of whiskey. laugh 

@Tim82 I just love that real life art into Bryce.

@Jamahoney That is a great feel of depth in that render. Like it a lot.

Just a simple and fast render, this time. A few converted .skp into .obj files from Sketchup bunched together. I was a bit surprised by the reflection in the windows of the main building but I am not happy with the visibly flat surface of the lower building in front.

EDIT: Unfortunately, linking a picture from the gallery doesn't work. So it is back to parking my renders on my provider's server.

EDIT2: Once again I stand corrected, linking a picture from the gallery is quite possible. see the instructions from Chohole, 2 posts below this one.

Post edited by Rembrandt_2647480 on
    Horo said:

Tim - yeah, the wood looks great, it just steals the show of the main subject. I thought a bit about it and I find it very difficult to present the chain.

David - nice island, great material and light. What is that square in the water at left? The vertical lines in the water that start at the island look odd. The clouds look indeed better. They fit better into the HDRI sky, probably because the edges are more blurred.

The square...  This one I think.  (see attached).  What I think happened there is that the bump angle was so high that the far side of the wave (which would not be visible to the camera if the wave was real geometry or Bryce had parralax mapping) was so steep that the rays from the camera reflected off that side of the simulated wave would have gone through the surface of the infinite plane and "underground".  The limitation placed on this, under normal rendering, sends the ray perpendicular from the geometry normal and away from the camera.  So on this case the edge of the island gets dragged down into the extreme bump areas.  To try and demonstrate this effect, I swapped the water bump with a sine wave driven texture.  The extreme bumps break the limit and in this case look a bit like "holes".  If the reflection correction option is ticked in the render options.  This captures the rays that would have gone through the surface and set them to behave according to the geomtry normal ignoring the bump.  So the "holes" get converted to mirrors.  I hope that makes some sense and I've not make a pigs ear of explaining that?

Rembrandt, very nice lighting, even though a simple scene, the lighitng makes it effective.

Square.jpg
    232 x 277 - 27K
    Moor_island3.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 528K
    Moor_island4.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 512K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2016

To link to an image from, the gallery you click on the Gallery image to bring it up properly on the screen, then right click and copy image location.   THis location then goes in to the url on the insert image screen

so image location is    http://www.daz3d.com/galleryimage/image/109908/behemoth_full.jpg

If you then use the resize image thing here and restrict the width to 800 px  it displays nicely n all sorts of devices, even phones apparently.

Nice image btw,  and just to prove it does work this way

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited March 2016

Cheers, Rembrant...and love the lighting in your recent sky-scraper work. I've tried to figure out the lighting setup - the blimp says light is from the right, while some of the shadows on the buildings suggest there is light somewhere coming from the left. But whatever the setup, it works a treat.

Jay

@Rembrandt, thanks :)

• @Chohole Great stuff! This will take a load off my webspace. Thanks for the tip!!

Rembrandt - Nice urban scene. I'm not sure I agree with Jamahoney about the light and shadows. I think what looks like shadows from a light different than the one lighting the blimp may just be reflections from the buildings.

David - thank you. I've noticed some weirdness occasionally in my renders and found that reflection correction usually remedies them. Bump can do this to a render. But I've never seen such a square.

This discussion has been closed.