Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Thanks, Hansmar...the co-driver went flying first, so the guy in the picture may have an even more softer thing than snow to land on...heh he wink

Jay

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,934

Still playing with Horo's Sunless Skies HDRIs. Very versatile.

This looks awesome, the stone settings and the land/islands with the green on top. I was just wondering about th colour change of the water in front.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    Linwelly said:
    This looks awesome, the stone settings and the land/islands with the green on top. I was just wondering about th colour change of the water in front.

Yes, it does look odd. It's caused by the Bryce sun (which you can't see because the HDRI hides it, but which still affects the specular response on any materials it's shines on).

I really should have just selected the water plane and turned down the specular to fix it, but it was late. laugh

Linwelly said:

Yes, it does look odd. It's caused by the Bryce sun (which you can't see because the HDRI hides it, but which still affects the specular response on any materials it's shines on).

I really should have just selected the water plane and turned down the specular to fix it, but it was late. laugh

Don't worry it still looks awesome

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 872
    edited March 2016

Mrs. Wayne is enjoying an ice cream cone in the spring sun. Light comes from IBL, Bryce sun. Rendered with Premium effects and TA. The ice cream cone is modelled with Bryce. The  It is actually just a work in progress, I wanted to add a a bit more of background.

Mrs. Wayne is enjoying her ice cream cone

firsticecream.jpg
    900 x 675 - 498K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,392

Thanks Jay and Hansmar for the nice comments.

Dave – stunning render. Thanks for mentioning about the Specular affecting the water, I encounter is problem from time to time.

Jay – thanks for the link to Round Me, an interesting site.

Electro-Elvis – Mrs Wayne should not be eating ice cream.  wink Nice render

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,541
    edited March 2016

Jamahoney - thank you. Game of Thrones: I haven't got a TV but I read the first 5 books. The landscapes are in my mind.

Dave - thank you. Darkness in the foreground intentional. Stonehenge, very well done. The specular on the water looks great (even though it's an accident). I think it emphasises the strangeness of Stonehenge (visited it twice, the first time it looked like your render, the second time there was a fence around it and I had to pay to enter.)

Electro-Elvis - thank you. Mrs. Wayne looks as if she wasn't too enthusiastic about the ice cream. Very well done character, elderly folks are not often the subject of renders. The tree trunk looks funny towards the upper picture frame.

Mermaid - thank you. Very nice render with this old building. I really like the warm mood.

Hansmar - thank you.

The same stacked terrain as above, 90° rotated and with different materials, another HDRI and different sky and light settings.

Morning Sun

MorningSun.jpg
    1200 x 773 - 201K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895

@Electro-Elvis: Good start. It doesn't need much more. Maybe one or two bushes closer to the trees, i.e. in the middle frame. Maybe you can also play with the icrecream material (using specular, etc.) to get is shiny, like wet?

@Horo: Very good looking again.

• Nice Renders. Nice to also see renders of the older generation.

Thanks I've changed my profile name to something smaller.

edited March 2016

Hansmar - thank you.

Another anaglyph for those that have red/cyan goggles. The object was made in structure synth, rendered with IBL and TA and the ALST+.

Plank Anaglyph

Click on image to enlarge.

Planks-Ana.jpg
    1200 x 880 - 145K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo - thanks. Both the landscape and anaglyph  are awesome

edited March 2016

Mermaid - thank you.

Here's another anaglyph for those with the red/cyan goggles (click on image to enlarge).

Bare Rock Anaglyph

BareRock-Ana.jpg
    1500 x 800 - 212K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo- the anaglyph does not work for me.sad

edited March 2016

That old Bryce favourite (?) from the content library: The fried egg. Materials tweaked quite a bit.

Paint pots and brush very simply modelled by me in Bryce... The paintbrush used another little used piece of the bryce content; The tear drop shape.

Happy Easter to everyone. laugh

PaintEggALT.jpg
    975 x 975 - 463K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

Thanks Dave, Happy Easter to you as well and good luck with colouring that egg surprise

• S RayS Ray Posts: 399
    edited March 2016

Dyeing Eggs

eggs01.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 220K
    Post edited by S Ray on
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited March 2016

Happy Easter to everyone.

Tired of making landscape, I decide to modeled this scene to show that Bryce is always able to provide the best. I've modeled a lot of things, the paved ground of the street, all the buildings with their doors and windows, the cables travelling the walls, pennants, the balconies, the roofs..

Vespa from the web and Victoria from Poser. Curtains and street lamps from archive3d.net.

There are several boolean Bryce terrains to excavate the walls and to give them some dirt aspect here and there.

"Rendez-vous" is the story of Victoria waiting for Sergio (you can see his shadow in the corner of the street). They are going to take a walk in those beautiful Spain streets.

Hope you like this detailed illustration.

Rendezvous4.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 468K
    Post edited by c-ram on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    c-ram said:

Tired of making landscape, I decide to modeled this scene to show that Bryce is always able to provide the best. I've modeled a lot of things, the paved ground of the street, all the buildings with their doors and windows, the cables travelling the walls, pennants, the balconies, the roofs..

Very nicely done!

Thank you Sean! Unfortunately, due to the jpeg compression, the colors of the picture is tinting to the green.. if you like to see a better quality, you can go to my deviant gallery :

http://c-ramgfx.deviantart.com

One last word : the original size is at about 3000 per 4000 pixels.

Mermaid - sorry that the anaglyph doesn't work for you. It does for me.

Dave - cool Easter scene, love the idea and how it's done.

S Ray - very nice Easter scene.

c-ram - no matter what scene you do, it always comes out awesome. Great modeling, fantastic details. Strange effect with the colour shift. Here, it's indeed a bit on the green side, the one at Deviant Art is a bit on the red side but looks more natural. The difference is small when measuring the colours, but the impression quite obvious. I wonder how such can happen.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 872
    edited March 2016

@c-ram: If you had not had published the scene in the Bryce forum, I would not have thought it's a bryce render. Great work with really, really nice details, e.g. this rounded floor, very well observed. May I ask you, why you have choosen a slight oblique horizon?

@Horo: The material your are using for your stacked terrain is terrific.About the analglyphe I can not write much, because I have no red/cyan goggles.

@Dave Savage: Great scene. The fried egg came out really well (though I prefer it a bit more fried at the edges ;-)

@S Ray: Great scene, too. Such a color would be handy.

Thanks a lot for the comments to my scene with Mrs. Wayne. The trunk of the tree looks odd indeed. Sometimes the tree lab produces strange trunks.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

@Dave Savage: Very nice Easter eggs. The brush could have had more and thinner hairs (different texture maybe?)

@S Ray: Very nice eggs as well. The street scene is really amazing! Must have been a lot of work. Very well done!

@ Horo : Thank you. This is a fact, jpeg compression is downgrading a picture quality or changing its colors. It's also adding artifacts. @ Electro elvis: Thanks. I know that my renders are sometimes not Bryce looking.. I have make the choice to had a camera banking to my scene to give it a depth. I try without but it's not looking the same.
    edited March 2016

Thanks Horo. smiley

Haha Elvis. laugh I did wonder whether to try to develop the material more to crisp up the edges a bit.

Thanks Hansmar. Yes it was a bit of a compromise. The material started off ad the horses mane material from the mat library. I removed the Phase in the DTE to straighten the hairs out and originally, the hairs were thinner, but I was getting that odd effect from the bump that leaves a distinct line where the geomatry goes into shadow. I was also originally going to add a blob of poant to the top of the brush but ran out of time to get it done for Easter Sunday. smiley

S Ray: The large version on the screen is stretched vertically making the eggs look waaay too long, but the original looks great. Nicely lit and as I've watched several YouTube videos about this "dipping" method of transfer (on guitars and car wheel rims mostly), you've represented it very well.

C-Ram: Brilliant as always, seems you can turn your hand to anything and make it look great, but more than that, it still looks like something you have done which is a good thing because you have a pleasing 'style' to your scenes and renders.

Post edited by Dave Savage on
    c-ram said:
    @ Horo : Thank you. This is a fact, jpeg compression is downgrading a picture quality or changing its colors. It's also adding artifacts.

Yup I agree. I post most of the same pics here as I do on my personal Facebook page and they look a ton better on Facebook. It's not the creating the .jpg that is causing the problem, I think it's the way the forum software displays them. They do seem to loose a lot of their vibrance on the forum... At least on my monitor they do anyway.

I have had a lot of fun with this tutorial http://mulawa.net/cgi-bin/tutorials/tn.pl?tute=9 by Peter Hewitt, been playing around with Materials and objects on that. Which brings me back to the idea of making fractals with bryce, Has anybody of you ever done that?

Happy rest easter everyone ... need to put some eggs into that sphere...

abstract11.jpg
    1754 x 867 - 106K
    goldeneye.jpg
    1754 x 867 - 118K
    abstract12.jpg
    1754 x 867 - 272K

@Oops, I confused S Ray with C-Ram. Of course the praise for the street scene is for C-Ram!

edited March 2016

Electro-Elvis - thank you.

c-ram and Dave - it appears that the initial quality of the JPG is reduced by the forum software. I haven't noticed this yet, but Marco's example is quite dramatic.

Linwelly - nice abstracts. Yes, there are still many tutorials around made for Bryce 5 and they still work in 7.1. Abstracts are adictive, there are so many possibilities. Just change bump, for example.

I wanted to use that TE-Filters program I had laboured for 6 week to make it work, so here is another landscape. 16 tiles assembled to one terrain, reduced resolution on a copy and stacked them with different materials. There are another three low-res terrains in the distance and a bit of greenish fog in the pits. Otherwise, the sky is mixed with the Gasclouds_B07 HDRI that provides the ambient light and makes the shadow regions blueish. The key light is from the sun.

Rolling Hills

RollingHills.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 193K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited March 2016

Nice Easter render from Dave and S Ray.

Horo- I’m sorry too, no sad, that the anaglyph didn’t work for me, I like viewing them from different angles, they are fun to look at that way. The landscape is beautiful, love it.

C-ram – another masterpiece, very detailed. The render does look much better on Deviantart.

Linwelly – very nice abstract renders, I remember doing that tutorial. I love abstracts and fractals. You can view some of my work here: https://www.pinterest.com/maryole3/fractals/  and here https://www.pinterest.com/maryole3/bryce-3d-abstracts/ there are links to David’s tutorials in the description. I think you will need a Pinterest account to view them properly.

I used one of David’s Cloudscape from the Cloudscape 5 pack. www.daz3d.com/bryce-pro-cloudscapes-5-example-one

Since I’m not very successful in finding nice Freebies, and I took the easy way, using images on 2D faces in some of my work, here the tulips and the eagle are 2D Faces.  

cloud2.jpg
    900 x 601 - 72K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Mermaid - thank you. Nice scene, just the tulips look a bit low lit. Try to set a dot in Diffuse and Ambient for the 2D-face, then enable Alpha Scaling near the botton of the Texture Mapping Mode dropdown and move Ambience up a bit (25 to 50 if global Ambience is white). Diffusion at 100 doesn't always give enough light to an image material.

This discussion has been closed.