Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited April 2016

I've been to Malham.... It's ace.

I've tried to get that same feel in some of my terrains in the past too David.... Never managed it yet.

Malham.jpg
    720 x 960 - 127K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,346
    edited April 2016

Yes Malham is well worth the visit - you must go, David.

This was 8 years ago when I only had a Nikon Coolpix camera - I've got a better DSLR nowadays but haven't (yet) been back.

DSCN2630.JPG
    2048 x 1536 - 666K
    DSCN2653.JPG
    2048 x 1536 - 659K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,391

Dave – another awesome render. Love the lighting.

David - beautiful render.

C-ram – I normally get my freebies from archive3D, ShareCG,  and other places. I recently I made an account at TurboSquid. Most of the ones I like/download are either for Poser or some other 3D software. My problem is besides Bryce and Wings 3D I don’t use any other 3D program.

Lovely images of Malham posted by Chohole, Dave and MelanieL.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,541
    edited April 2016

Rembrandt - looking better with the shadows not black. Good work. The Rock is a very nice render.

Dave - Blue Moon Baby looks absolutely great. All product renders look just great. Photographs would hardly be better - if so good at all. The Daleks look fantastic.

cyberjym - welcome to the forum, some nice renders.

sriesch - the crashed airplane scene looks very good. Volumetric is really very slow, I've tried it several times. Pity, because it can give very interesting results.

Electro-Elvis - great party scene with Prince Charles laugh

David - Malham Cove render looks very good. Seems to be a nice place to visit looking at the photographs.

I revisited pencil sketch ideas and came up with three different methods I compiled into a PDF: Drawing Effects in Bryce
    (https://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/DrawingEffects.pdf text only for translation purposes https://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/txt/DrawingEffects.txt).

Matilda comes with the pro content and I used the Reflection method, essentially following David's video (link in document) and the landscape uses the Specular method with IBL and a sky with clouds added to it (link to my video in document). I like how the geometry is shown, there is no bump.

Matilda

Terrain

EDIT to add: The Terrain is Highland from our High Resolution Terrain Set 1.

Matilda.jpg
    1200 x 450 - 159K
    HLTD.jpg
    1200 x 765 - 290K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo- love these pencil sketches, thanks for the pdf something to play with smiley

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Really nice Horo.  I have linked to your post in the Non Photo realistic thread in the Art Studio.

edited April 2016

Thank you Pam! I had a look at that forum, there are some very nice renders but they all seem to need either additional programs or some post processing. Bryce can do without, of course.

Mermaid - thank you, let's see what you'll come up with.

Here is another example, using the Specular method. Main specular from the white sphere HDRI, negative specular by a slightly yellow sun, hence the blue. Render time 1 minute.

Evolution

Evolution.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 179K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited April 2016

This one is worth zooming in to the original (which is rendered very big) just to appreciate the amount of detail in this outfit... Which took me three days to get about right in Bryce. Not that I'm complaining, it's got a lot of components to it and well worth the effort.

javascript:void(0)

HoolaVooDooALT2Big.jpg
    1800 x 2600 - 916K
  • Nice one Dave, what outfit is that?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Nice one Dave, what outfit is that?

http://www.daz3d.com/maman-brijit

Yup, that's the one. Kerya beat me to it. laugh

• Great, thanks!  Wishlisted!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited April 2016

@Horo: Great experiments. I like both ideas.

@Wonderful outfit, very well rendered.

I made a quick surreal render. I call it 'Wanna dance?"

wanna dance.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 299K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited April 2016

Mermaid - The second tulip render looks so much better, it brings out the color

Rembrandt - Definitely a better version of the coastal waterfall. The rock render turned out very well, I like the material

Dave - Excellent!!! I'm glad it will be out on pirate bay first, made me laugh and the advertising is just fantastic. I would have never guessed it was modelled with Bryce. And what you call Sunday morning silliness I would call it a triumph if I attempted it. You are a true master modeller. As to the exotic hula-hoop dancer... You are correct, great detail

Jim - Great collection of renders. Nice to see different type of work

Sriesch - Very nice work. I like the swampy feeling of the green water

Electro-Elvis -  I could have sworn it was Prince Charles as well. I hope Camilla doesn't mind. Nicely done

David - It looks like a lovely place going by the  photos posted .You have done great justice in your render.

Horo - I have always loved to see pencil drawings. Beautiful !! Thanks for the pdf.  I like the lighting effect of evolution, it gives it good depth

Hansmar - Thats cute.. They look like balloons

Something simple I thought I share

arch.jpg
    1754 x 881 - 307K
    Post edited by vivien on
    edited April 2016

Dave - wow, you're a patient chap, though the result was worth the labour invested.

Hansmar - thank you. Funny and very nice render, happy dancing.

Vivien - thank you. That simple thought turned out fantastic.

Another use of the tiled terrain and another one in the back to make the rim. It's an old crater, perhaps there's going to be a new one.

Old Crater

OldCrater.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 264K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited April 2016

Double post.

Post edited by Horo on
  • cyberjymcyberjym Posts: 33
    edited April 2016

Hey there, another test render for a future fantasy castle im working on.

Baeaarakeep test 20160407a.jpg
    3000 x 1701 - 3M
    Post edited by cyberjym on
    edited April 2016

So today my new (second hand off eBay) MacBook arrived... Guess what the first software I loaded on to it was?

Easy guess really laugh

HotRodPosterALT.jpg
    900 x 1300 - 372K

Easy guess: Daz Studio, of course cheeky

Horo- I’ll play with the pencil sketch this weekend. The Evolution is awesome, the Old crater is beautiful

Dave- Wow the dancer is stunning, lovely render on your new/old Mac; where there’s a will there is always a way.yes

Hansmar – that’s so cute, love it.

Vivien – simple but beautiful. Going by the shadows, the columns with the mirror in the foreground look like they are a bit above the ground.

Cyberjym – lovely render, are you doing your own modelling.

• cyberjymcyberjym Posts: 33
    edited April 2016

Cyberjym – lovely render, are you doing your own modelling.

Yeah. Though I just found out my castle is too complex to import into bryce. Ive imported a third of it, in pieces, before bryce gave up.

Its kinda my fault though, I modelled alot of interiors to make animated flybys eventually. Maybe I'll gut the innards and have solid windows or something. im pretty bummed.

cityworks 201603222p1.jpg
    3500 x 1914 - 2M
    graeaasper 201604081p.jpg
    1754 x 995 - 1M
    graeaasper 201603241pp.jpg
    1754 x 995 - 1M
    graeaasper 201603252p.jpg
    1754 x 995 - 2M
    graeaasper 201603292p.jpg
    1754 x 995 - 2M
    graeaasper piece 20160040610a.jpg
    1754 x 995 - 818K
    test20160408d.jpg
    1754 x 995 - 39K
    Post edited by cyberjym on
    edited April 2016

Still playing with the Hot Rod model, looking at different ways of creating art and with the recent "drawing technique" post, I did this one which is a very graphic designery representation... This is the Bryce render, the only post work is to add my signature. And you need to zoom in to get rid of the slight moire pattern.

HotRodLineDraw.jpg
    1299 x 724 - 776K
    edited April 2016

cyberjym - very elaborate model.

Dave - that's a super cool effect. Is it done with bump?

Another landscape from me. Though the Mississippi Steam Boat was from Daz, this is not the Mississippi.

Sightseeing

Sightseeing.jpg
    923 x 1200 - 181K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105

@horo

Looks more like the Grand Canyon smiley

edited April 2016
    Horo said:
    Dave - that's a super cool effect. Is it done with bump?

No Horo.... Just a horizontal line material set to world space and some adjustments to lighting and specular response on the material.

Here is a more extreme example which I think is better and cleaner that I've just done.

That's a very impressive canyon... Real sense of scale.

HotRodLineDrawing2.jpg
    975 x 975 - 612K

Sandy - yup, flooded, though.

Dave - thank you twice. Got to experiment with such lines. It gives a really cool effect.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited April 2016

@vivien: Thanks. Marvelous render with a lot of depth. But indeed, the pillars with the mirrors left and right do not appear to be grounded.

@Horo: Thank you too. Wonderful old crater you made. And a very nice canyon too.

@Dave Savage: Great hotrod you rendered in your poster. The first striped version did not do it for me, but the second one I like very much. probably because it is not stripes all over.

@cyberjym: Oh, my, that IS an extensive model indeed. Yes. all those details you cannot see in a render still fill your MBits to the max.

@mermaid010: Thanks. A bit of funny cuteness is always fun to make.

Post edited by Hansmar on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited April 2016

A day of chemical warfare against the germs and a bit of rendering.  This place, I learned today was called "Durdle door", I had it on a postcard and thought it looked interesting and it is responsible for inspiring any number of renders with arches in.  And here's some more.  Lit with a variety of Horo's Sunless HDRI which are very versatile for realistic lighting.  I used island "S" from the High Resoltion Terrain set3 and a modified texture from island "X" along with water.  The lighting consists of lighting the inside of a "light" sphere and using that to drive TA ambient (Obscure lighting if you want to look it up on my videos) as well as Bryce sun and an additional point light source.  The idea was to generate a series of realistic looking scenes with "moody" but plausable lighting.

@Dave, great renders and also looking cool balanced on that rock in your shades, which do make you look a bit like your avatar.  How high up was that?

@MelanieL, beautiful photo's, hopefully I'll get a look myself one day.

@Mermaid, thank you.

@Horo, pencil sketches worked very well, but the Steam Boat in the ravine was stunning.  It would make a brilliant illustration for The Fabulous Riverboat by Philip Jose Farmer

@Vivien, very nice crisp render, good sense of scale and light.

@Cyberjym, facinating models, the architecture put me in mind of Planescape Torment one of my favourite PC RPG's.

Durdle_door2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 447K
    Durdle_door2b.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 468K
    Durdle_door3.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 452K
    Durdle_door4.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 507K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    @Dave, great renders and also looking cool balanced on that rock in your shades, which do make you look a bit like your avatar.  How high up was that?

Thanks smiley

I was stood on a small ledge which is about 40 foot from the big cliff edge... The bit I was standing on was only about 15 foot high.

Those renders of the arch and coastline are fabulous but the last one is exceptionally realistic.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,346

David Brinnen - I love your Durdle Door renders. I agree with Dave that the last is amazingly good. I have some pictures of Durdle Door somewhere too, but that was from my pre-digital-camera days so I won't be attaching any this time! Last time I was there (probably 20 years ago now) my husband had developed a strong urge to swim in the sea so we drove down there (takes about an hour from where we live) he got into his bathing trunks, ran into the sea, immediately ran out again and that was that. Well, it was a lovely warm day in May, but he had totally underestimated how cold the water might be! I was brought up in Yorkshire with holidays at various points along the North Sea coast between the Tyne and the Humber, so I have "happy memories" of sea water temperatures so wasn't tempted to join him.

This discussion has been closed.