Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,934

Wow you have been busy, hard to keep track, so I just say that I love what you do! I'm stuggeling with a render for the tree challenge but seeing what has been posted over there I guess I just make it an exercise and post it here once I'm done with it.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Yeah, Hansmar...I tried the blur effect (copy/paste/move/transparent...etc.,) on the trees to produce movement, but the background turned into a mess. But I know what you mean - photographing a moving object, where you pan/track it to make it look frozen in a background of fuzziness.

Heh he, Horo...such crashes, I think, are what most spectators are waiting for. I've been to a rally once only, and the places where people stand are simply asking for a a trip to the hospital.

Jay

• A picture of a project I'm working on. Rat's Vs Cat's. A Rat ship. Modeled in other programs. Low Poly Textures, Bryce defaults. Can be used with or without wings.

RatShip.jpg
    800 x 600 - 223K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 872
    edited March 2016

Exported with Subdivison Level 1Exported with subdivison level = 2

I exported excatly the same character from DAZ to Bryce. It is a genesis 2 male character with aging morphs. But there is and I am sure you can see it a noticable difference. The right character (with shine in the eyes) has more wrinkles. That is the way how it should be. The wrinkles of the left character however are somewhat smoothed. I have watched this behaviour already earlier, but just today I realized what does influence it. It is one of this parameters in DAZ Studio you or at least I did hardly notice. The sub division level (see attached picture). The left characters uses the standard value of 1 and was exported with this value. The right character uses the value 2. I would never have expected such a difference. It also works this way with the vascularity morphs.

The drawback is, that a subdivision level higher than 1 can slow DAZ studio down. I think, you should just put it higher at the end, when you have arranged every thing.

sub_ta_36_ibl.jpg
    450 x 450 - 132K
    sub2_ta36_ibl.jpg
    450 x 474 - 142K
    subdivisionruler.jpg
    390 x 414 - 97K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • Lots of nice renders.

Just playing with some of the settings @Horo experimented with.

Hmm...now, if only I knew what I was doing.... laugh It most definitely needs a lot of studying on my part.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105

@Rembrandt

The only thing that hasn't worked for me is the snow texture, it is too smooth and looks like paint, other than that it looks good.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    Jamahoney said:

Yeah, Hansmar...I tried the blur effect (copy/paste/move/transparent...etc.,) on the trees to produce movement, but the background turned into a mess. But I know what you mean - photographing a moving object, where you pan/track it to make it look frozen in a background of fuzziness.

It's an interesting one. I'm wondering if an effect much like David's Rain material could be edited and a 2D plane placed in front of the background but behind the car.

If the rain was stretched horizontally it may refract enough and blur the background with a bias towards horizontal... I might have a look at something along those lines later. If I get anywhere with it, I'll share it here. smiley

edited March 2016

In all the years I've been using Bryce, I've never once felt compelled to use the Rainbow feature in the sky lab....

Until today.

Sky is from Horo's Sunless HDRIs and a wonferfull set they are.

RainbowShip2.jpg
    1333 x 750 - 326K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

In all the years I've been using Bryce, I've never once felt compelled to use the Rainbow feature in the sky lab....

Until today.

Sky is from Horo's Sunless HDRIs and a wonferfull set they are.

I do not understand! This rainbow of HDRI images or procedural in BRYCE?

edited March 2016
    Slepalex said:

Not part of the HDRI. In the sky lab under the sun/moon tab, there is a Rainbow button (may be a feature introduced with Bryce 7) and some slider controls to alter it's opacity and brightness.

It's a strange thing because it acts much like a real rainbow, so the sun has to be at the right angle and very low in the sky to make it appear, move the sun and the rainbow moves or disappears.

Edited: It's actually in the Atmosphere tab and the two controls are Radious and Opacity... With another check button for a secondary rainbow.

edited March 2016

Heh he, I blame Horo's comments "kissing a tree" entirely for this render...and the crash cheeky

Jay

Crash.jpg
    1400 x 695 - 717K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on

The crash in 3D...just for fun.

Jay

Crash-3D.jpg
    1466 x 731 - 1M

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Slepalex said:

Not part of the HDRI. In the sky lab under the sun/moon tab, there is a Rainbow button (may be a feature introduced with Bryce 7) and some slider controls to alter it's opacity and brightness.

It's a strange thing because it acts much like a real rainbow, so the sun has to be at the right angle and very low in the sky to make it appear, move the sun and the rainbow moves or disappears.

Edited: It's actually in the Atmosphere tab and the two controls are Radious and Opacity... With another check button for a secondary rainbow.

Thank you. I'm aware of the sky laboratory in Bryce with 2002 years. I asked because your skies - this image.

edited March 2016
    Slepalex said:
    Thank you. I'm aware of the sky laboratory in Bryce with 2002 years. I asked because your skies - this image.

Oh right. Yes, the background sky is an HDRI from Horo's Sunless Skies set. smiley

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,541

Dave - great render with the sail ship. I also extremely seldom use the Rainbow - which is available at least since Bryce 5, just checked.

Jamahoney - hey! that's a cool one, full of action. And the anaglyph is yet another notch better.

edited March 2016

Thanks Horo. Like Alex says, the impact of the render is mainly down to the sky, so you get the credit really. laugh

I've had a look at my idea for producing a directional blur to imply speed and movement and I've had some amount of sucess with it.

It could do with a lot more work but maybe someone else would like to take it and run with it because I'm a bit pressed for time (still) at the moment.

I tried with David's rain plane and that didn't work out so I ended up using his Kitchen Window material instead. Squashed horizontally and stretched vertically with the refraction reduced.

It does have it's problems; mostly the reflection which I know no way of getting rid of (there is no reflection set in the Mat Lab controls so I ended up rendering with blurred reflections).

This is the initial result:

CarSpeedBlur.jpg
    889 x 650 - 306K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Jamahoney said:

Heh he, I blame Horo's comments about "kissing a tree" entirely for this render...and the crash cheeky

Jay

You should have entered this one in the Render Challenge,  it is a tree after all. 

edited March 2016

Cheers, Horo ;)

Yeah, that technique works a treat, Dave...one to keep in mind next time.

True, true, Chohole laugh

Jay

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,541
    edited March 2016

Dave - motion blur is usually done in post and rendering the moving object separately. That's what the pros do as I've read. I think your initial result is very promising.

Jamahoney - I hope the airborne chap will have a soft landing in the snow.

I experimented a bit with light rays.

Last Sunrays

LastSunrays.jpg
    1200 x 773 - 134K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited March 2016

Mountain scene reminds me, Horo, for some unknown reason, of the wonderful series, 'Game of Thrones' - super stuff! As to the "airborne chap"...I hope he's insured...heh he laugh

Jay

Horo said:

Dave - motion blur is usually done in post and rendering the moving object separately. That's what the pros do as I've read. I think your initial result is very promising.

Yes, that's how I'd do it as well, but problem solving within Bryce is a fun distraction. laugh

Mountains look really good if a little on the dark side in the foreground but I suspect that was neccesary to show the light rays up.

• @Jamahoney: :-D Great idea, I love that accident

@Dave Savage: Rainbow looks very good. And the blur effect, too (though I had the strange feeling the car is driving rather backwards. Don't know why)

@Horo: Looks very good. The dark foreground reminds of a thunderstorm. 

@Rembrandt: Lovely scene. I especially like the water.

edited March 2016

Cheers, Elvis...the hospital fees, I bet, will  'soften' the landing...heh he (the insurance brokers are always SOoooo friendly)angry

Jay

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 485

old school here..This is actually going to be my next tattoo...

Scolding.jpg
    576 x 768 - 142K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,390
    edited March 2016

Jay- wow cool racing car render. I agree with Chohole, you should enter the "crash" in the current challenge.

Defuser – an interesting render

Electro-Elvis – I don’t know much about Daz 3D but your renders are interesting.

Rembrandt – I agree with Sandy, the snow spoils the effect, the water is nice.

Dave – wow another awesome render, love it.

Horo – great render, I like the terrain material

Foleypro- stunning render

A render based on one of the pdf tutorials found on Horo’s site. Bryce 3D and Wings 3D. It’s the minitut 14. I found placing objects in panorama view very difficult. After playing with it for a few days, I’m happy with the result.

exminitut14.jpg
    800 x 300 - 40K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited March 2016

Still playing with Horo's Sunless Skies HDRIs. Very versatile.

DarkHenge.jpg
    1111 x 555 - 418K
    edited March 2016

Cheers, Mermaid...and love the vivid colours in your panorama (looks like an expensive place to stay).

Such panoramas may be used in RoundMe - link, if interested - a place where one uploads panoramas, allowing for a full 3D experience (check some of the samples in the 'Explore' section).

Jay

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,895
    edited March 2016

@Electro-Elvis: Good work on the portraits. Subdivision level is very important indeed. It actually increases the number of polygons, so the level of detail.

@defuser2002_8a269e5aa1: Good start of a ship. Has the look of a 3D puzzle (well, actually that is what we do here!). There is a way to change your user name into something more easy, but I'm not sure how (Chohole can tell you).

@Rembrandt: Great looking sky, wonderful water. Indeed, snow could be more detailed. Perhaps a higher frequency in the texture?

@Dave Savage: Great ship render. Wonderful waves. Good start on the motion blur on the car render. Very nice positioning of the jumping car too! If you would ever want to go for more realism in such a car render: it should be dirty and have some dents, I think. I also really love the landscape with Stonehenge. Wonderful atmosphere, fits the subject very well.

@Horo: Really wonderful light in your render. 

@foleypro: Very nice scene. I assume the noisy render is on purpose?

@mermaid010: Very good panoramic indoor scene. Great lobby of a wonderful hotel, I would think. I really love the light.

@Jamahoney: Ouch! Wonderfully made. The driver is very lucky to fly out of the car, instead of to have his head smashed in by hitting the window! I once saw an accident like this on television. It looked like the car actually ran through the tree. It did catch fire, but I think both driver and navigator got out alive.

Post edited by Hansmar on
This discussion has been closed.