[Beta Update] FoliageMaker plugin (1.1 beta available)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,973
    edited September 2023

Very Nice, thank you. I used the Geometry Editor to create some separate surfaces, so I could easily change the petals color without affecting the other parts of the rose. I saved it as a Prop asset and created some Materials presets for the red, pink, white and yellow textures. I packaged it with Content Package Assist and installed it with DIM. I would be happy to share the DIM package, if AM gives his permission.
    I hope the Foliage Maker is released soon. It looks like so much fun!

AM Foliage Maker Roses.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited September 2023

Some other colors with shaders applied to the flower petals, just for fun.

AM Foliage Maker Roses_001_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
  • Nice work barbult!

• Can you include a closeup of the controls you can have with this? Either here or on your product page would be great.

• Lilwolff said:

Can you include a closeup of the controls you can have with this? Either here or on your product page would be great.

There will be a PDF manual with the explanation of all controls, and in the product page a link to a Youtube tutorial.

• barbult said:

Very Nice, thank you. I used the Geometry Editor to create some separate surfaces, so I could easily change the petals color without affecting the other parts of the rose. I saved it as a Prop asset and created some Materials presets for the red, pink, white and yellow textures. I packaged it with Content Package Assist and installed it with DIM. I would be happy to share the DIM package, if AM gives his permission.
    I hope the Foliage Maker is released soon. It looks like so much f 

Lovely barbult, I am also looking forward to this. 

• Alessandro Mastronardi said:

Lilwolff said:

Can you include a closeup of the controls you can have with this? Either here or on your product page would be great.

There will be a PDF manual with the explanation of all controls, and in the product page a link to a Youtube tutorial.

Egads your quick! 

Thank you for your reply. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,699

Lilwolff said:

barbult said:

I hope the Foliage Maker is released soon. It looks like so much f 

Lovely barbult, I am also looking forward to this. 

I would also much like to have this if barbult is being so nice to share it with us.

• I just saw the YouTube video for this yesterday while I was watching your tutorials and am eagerly awaiting its release. Thanks for the rose!

• barbult said:

Yes no problem you can share it.

edited September 2023

Thanks, I'll upload it to dropbox and post a link here. Done.

• Here is the link to the DIM installer file for the rose and 4 material presets. (Every time I tray to share something with Dropbox, it seems like they've changed the interface, so if this link doesn't work, let me know and I'll try again.)
    • Just download the AM42848812-01_AMFoliageMakerRose.zip from the Dropbox link. Don't extract the files; just drop the zip file into your DIM downloads folder. When you launch DIM, you should see this package in the Ready to Install (Not Ready to Download!) tab. Just install it.
    • After Installation, you should find a Product named AM Foliage Maker Rose in your Content Library in the Products section.
    • The zip package also installs metadata, but I had to use the reinstall metadata operation in the Content Library under Content DB Maintenance to get that metadata to show up. The metadata defines content type, categories and compatibilities for Smart Content.
    • If you don't want to use DIM to install, you can alternatively install it manually, like any other 3rd party freebie.

Screenshot 2023-09-23 215359.jpg
    664 x 491 - 80K
  • Thank you @barbult

DoctorJellybean said:

Thank you @barbult

You  are welcome. The main product is in the store now!

My first foliage on a primitive cube. It only took seconds to generate the foliage.

My First Foliage.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M

Am literally seconds away from buying, and will even have time for playing a little today. Such a neat product! - Thanks again, @barbult, for the great rose maker, will def try that out, too. It seems we can swap the leaves for literally anything, how exciting! I bet we'll be seeing some sweet experimenting from your side. laugh

• I've downloaded and installed both the main product and Barbult's add-on. I had to register through Google to get at the zip file, but had no problems with the download otherwise.

I hope to have a play around with them over the next few days.

Thanks to both Alessandro and Barbult. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• tsroemi said:

It seems we can swap the leaves for literally anything, how exciting!

You definitely can. See here, I have put a gazillion of Genesis in different poses. You can literally use and mix any kind of character. From my experiments it works without issues.

sshot-68.jpg
    3840 x 2088 - 700K

Alessandro Mastronardi said:

tsroemi said:

It seems we can swap the leaves for literally anything, how exciting!

You definitely can. See here, I have put a gazillion of Genesis in different poses. You can literally use and mix any kind of character. From my experiments it works without issues.

Over population on that planet!

• Great job Alessandro !  I plan to take the merchant ressource version. Any restriction on it? (except we must not resale the source code?)

edited September 2023

Vines by the pub door.

Pub Door Vines_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
  • V3Digitimes said:

Great job Alessandro !  I plan to take the merchant ressource version. Any restriction on it? (except we must not resale the source code?)

No restrictions, you can resell the geometry produced by it (of course it's your responsibility to check out the copyright of the instanced geometries). And you don't have the source code (I hope) laugh

• barbult said:

Vines by the pub door.

Oh nice! Was the generation fast?

Alessandro Mastronardi said:

barbult said:

Vines by the pub door.

Oh nice! Was the generation fast?

Yes, maybe about 10 seconds for each of the two vines. Maybe less.

edited September 2023

Roses on a deformed cube. It follows subD and Mesh Grabber changes to the cube just fine, as far as I can see. This one took longer to generate - maybe a few minutes. This has the 4 AM Roses (one of each color) and one other rose blossom from another product, all in a group. I limited the height of the generation to not cover the top entirely. The video tutorial is excellent. I haven't even read the PDF yet.

That's all for tonight.

Foliage Maker SHRSJ_Rose1 Pink and AM Roses 4 colors_001.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M

alexhcowley said:

I've downloaded and installed both the main product and Barbult's add-on. I had to register through Google to get at the zip file, but had no problems with the download otherwise.

Cheers,

Alex.

I'm sorry Dropbox made you register to download.  I didn't know they would do that. I think the file is way to big to attach here, unfortunately.

barbult said:

alexhcowley said:

I've downloaded and installed both the main product and Barbult's add-on. I had to register through Google to get at the zip file, but had no problems with the download otherwise.

Cheers,

Alex.

I'm sorry Dropbox made you register to download.  I didn't know they would do that. I think the file is way to big to attach here, unfortunately.

No, it just tries to persuade you to register, but you can simply close that window and download nevertheless. Won't be much use for Alex anymore to know, but maybe for others. Downloaded just fine without registering for me.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084

What advantages -- if any -- does this product have over the free blender plug-in that accomplishes the very same job?

• thd777thd777 Posts: 934

mcorr said:

What advantages -- if any -- does this product have over the free blender plug-in that accomplishes the very same job?

Is does not require Blender...

TD 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,060
    edited September 2023

mcorr said:

well there is also ivygen if you want to go that route, Fenric even gave us a Carrara plugin

but most DAZ studio users want something DAZ studio integrated, I mean I love Carrara hair/ fur when in Carrara but LAMH still my prefered DAZ studio option just wish animation possibe

can to an extent but it's a struggle getting it to sync and only 3Delight,

I run out of memory by 30 frames

(considerably less fond of DAZ strandbased rebadged Garibaldi hair)

if LAMH could be made to work with iray as curves (not mesh) I would joyfully pay for an update, hint hint

getting waaay off topic/derailing thread so will shut up blush

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,084
    edited September 2023

thd777 said:

mcorr said:

Is does not require Blender...

TD 

yes, that was clear from my question .....

Post edited by mcorr on