GenX2 Update / Genesis 3 Add-On [Commercial]

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Having fun with installing DS and everything fresh (New harddrive, new fun ...)

I have two serials for "Genesis Generation X" in my serial numbers https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers - none of them says X2 ...

Help???

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited April 2017

The moment I post I have an idea - yeah! It's the one with 7 characters in the last group.

The one with 6 characters is probably the one for Genesis GenerationX (no 2)

Post edited by Kerya on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,595

FWIW, I just looked and my account has one entry for "Genesis Generation X", even though I believe that GenX2 is the only one I've ever purchased (along with add-ons).

Hope this helps.

- Greg

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464

GenX and GenX2 accept the same serial numbers. This was intended as a way for upgrades without issueing a new serial number. But then, upgrades were handled by a temporary coupon. So, you have two serials if you purchased both GenX and GenX2, and both serials will work with both versions.

• mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335

Hello, I really love your product. I have a problem. I recently bought a new computer and I am reinstalling everything.

I've used Daz Connect for most of my Genesis2, and Genesis 3 products. I found out today that I can not install v4 using Daz Connect.

Please, how (Or Where) do I install my V4 product to work with GenX2. I am trying to avoid a potential headache.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464

It shouldn't make a difference where you install V4 or other Poser figures. The only requirement is that the Runtime folder for the installation is part of one of the content folders listed in the DS content library, so GenX can find references to geometry files and other external files like morph injectons. (You may need a file "Poser.exe" in the top folder of the Runtime folder, or some V4 installer or scripts for the ExP system will refuse to work. This "Poser.exe" can be any file, even empty. This once was the case, not sure if it still is.)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

It does actually make a difference where V4 and other Generation 4 figures are installed; because of the way those ExP morphs work, the base figure and all morph sets must always be installed to the same content location. And this is why ExP figures don't work if they're installed with Connect — the nice shiny new installation system works by essentially installing each individual product into its own individual content location. The script we're supposed to run after installing new morph sets can't find the morph data, so the morphs are never properly installed and won't work.

Note that this is only a problem with Generation 4 figures. Everything before and after used different morph setups, so they work just as well with Connect as they do with DIM or manual installation.

• almahiedraalmahiedra Posts: 1,349
    edited April 2017

I had problems with GenX2. This refuse change default connect folder to custom path. Then this couldn't find genesis and genesis 2 geometries, which are installed by connect in the custom path.

The only one folder declared in Directory Manager for connect for me is "U:/00 DAZ STUDIO/81 CONNECT/data/cloud/", I changed this by hand in GenX.ini because genX didn't stop to "see" the Disk C default folder (that is not declared in my directory manager). I erase  this old and unused folder too. Now GenX2 works ok. 

Post edited by almahiedra on
  • freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394

Asking for this help again here because it was recommended that I do.  I apologize for it being in the forums more than one place. 

I just reinstalled all of my daz content and daz itself because somehow one of my base figure files got corrupted.  Now I'm a little paranoid now about anything that modifies files.  After reinstalling I tried to open a duf containing the figure that provoked the reinstall and got a missing genx messages.  I don't even remember using any of the morphs I made for that figure and now I suspect it might have been genx files that started the mess to begin with. Not that genx is messed up, more that I did something really wrong.

So, what I need to know is what should I never do with genx?  I want to create morphs but not overwrite any of the other morphs.  Is there a way to make sure this never happens?  I have a lot of key v4 and m4 items that I want to bring up to g2, maybe eventually to g3.  So I hope someone can hold my hand with this and help me to do this without making a mess.

• Dimension-ZDimension-Z Posts: 352
    edited April 2017

I have a question and maybe has been asked again.

Does GenX2 work with V3 or S3? I have installed the plugins but it gaves me errors.

I also can't see Genesis 3 addon in GenX2 Pane.

Thnx in advance.

Post edited by Dimension-Z on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,595

I have a question and maybe has been asked again.

Does GenX2 work with V3 or S3? I have installed the plugins but it gaves me errors.

I also can't see Genesis 3 addon in GenX2 Pane.

Thnx in advance.

Check out this product:

https://www.daz3d.com/genx-addon-gen3-bundle

Hope this helps.

- Greg

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

For V3 and S3, make sure you have ONLY the GenX2 versions of the add-ons installed, not the GenX versions.

Hello all! Need some help. I've transfered from V3 to G2F just fine. Everything looks great. But, trying to tranfer from G3F (V7) to G2F, only the belly button is morphed. Anyone experience this problem?

Uh oh..Something tells me I may need G2 legacy shapes for G3 for this transfer to work. Am I correct?

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,052

I was told in the Commons to try posting this to this thread.

GenX2 - from Aiko 4 to Genesis 2 Female?

I'm able to transfer Aiko 4 and the characters made for her to Genesis 1 with no problem.

I fail every time I try to transfer Aiko 4 (or any of the 4th generation figures or characters) to Genesis 2 Female or Male. 

Should the SOURCE figure be Victoria 4, or Aiko 4?

With the transfered morphs, do I need to transfer all the morphs of Aiko 4, and Victoria 4, and Morphs++, and the Base Morphs, and the character for Aiko 4's morphs?  Or just some of them?

My target figure is Genesis 2 Female.

For the GenX2 SHAPE i am not given the choice of Aiko 4 - only V4 Clone, V4 Legacy, V4 Shape.  What should I choose?  I'm using Gen 4 Iconic Shapes for Genesis . ( https://www.daz3d.com/gen-4-iconic-shapes-for-genesis ) I have the V4 shape and the A4 shape.  Which do I use?  Is this considered a Clone or a Legacy or a Shape?

Thanks!

• almahiedraalmahiedra Posts: 1,349
    edited May 2017
    Fauvist said:

I was told in the Commons to try posting this to this thread.

GenX2 - from Aiko 4 to Genesis 2 Female?

I'm able to transfer Aiko 4 and the characters made for her to Genesis 1 with no problem.

I fail every time I try to transfer Aiko 4 (or any of the 4th generation figures or characters) to Genesis 2 Female or Male. 

Should the SOURCE figure be Victoria 4, or Aiko 4?

With the transfered morphs, do I need to transfer all the morphs of Aiko 4, and Victoria 4, and Morphs++, and the Base Morphs, and the character for Aiko 4's morphs?  Or just some of them?

My target figure is Genesis 2 Female.

For the GenX2 SHAPE i am not given the choice of Aiko 4 - only V4 Clone, V4 Legacy, V4 Shape.  What should I choose?  I'm using Gen 4 Iconic Shapes for Genesis . ( https://www.daz3d.com/gen-4-iconic-shapes-for-genesis ) I have the V4 shape and the A4 shape.  Which do I use?  Is this considered a Clone or a Legacy or a Shape?

Thanks!

I have the originals stephanie 4 and victoria 4. Stephanie is transferred successfully selecting stephanie in "Load Figure". Automatically victoria 4 is set as source. Power loader was triggered then I check only stephanie morph.

G2F stephie at left, original stephie at right.

steph.png
    954 x 852 - 498K
    Post edited by almahiedra on
  • reixupreixup Posts: 2
    edited May 2017

very helpful

Post edited by reixup on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I was so sorry to hear about this.  He will be greatly missed.  My condolences to his family and friends.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970

I find it hard to know what to say, since I didn't really know him or interact with him.

But I will miss him and feel for his family.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

So will we be getting a GenX3 now since Genesis 8 is released :/

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,141
    dkgoose said:

So will we be getting a GenX3 now since Genesis 8 is released :/

Not sure as the creator did recently pass.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

I seen in a thread in commons after I posted :( I loved his work

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Hopefully someone will pick up the torch. They will either have to contact the family about picking up his work where he left off (which, would be great but it is too soon, probably, to contact for bereivement purposes and will cost money as it is only fair to recompense the family for his work) or for somone to start fresh. 

Likely we will not have a GenX covertor for Gen 8 any time soon. :(

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,950

Can anyone who's already converted to the latest version of DS confirm whether or not GenX2 still works in it?  

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403

I have the latest beta and even after reinstalling GenX 2 It doesn't appear on my plugin list. Lucky me I still have 4.8 as my main version.

edited June 2017

Had to install manually, shows on panes tab but can't load source. Have to find out what's wrong!

Post edited by xmasrose on
    edited June 2017

Sorry. It's working!  

Had also to reinstall manually the add-on (copy from studio 4 app data roaming folder) then it seems to work.

Post edited by xmasrose on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,950

I have the latest beta and even after reinstalling GenX 2 It doesn't appear on my plugin list. Lucky me I still have 4.8 as my main version.

I don't think GenX2 ever worked automatically on the beta versions of DS, did it?  Hold on... yeah... here's that thread https://direct.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/153186/genx2-need-help ;