GenX2 Update / Genesis 3 Add-On [Commercial]

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thanks MBusch!  I missed this as I was already off to bed lol.  That's the one.

• edited August 2017

I do realise this is a delicate situation, but is it known if anyone is in a position take this valuable software onward, please?

Post edited by captainklutz_a2ec859073 on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@captainklutz_a2ec859073

It seems unlikely at this point. There are methods to transfer morphs from G3F to G8F. See MBusch's post two entries prio to yours.

• Hi...I am hoping one of the more experienced users of genx2 can help?

I just bought the add on today, installed it via DiM.

I have watched several You Tube Videos and followed the process of dragging Victoria 4.2, the ++ Morphs and then the Figure inj into Gen x.

Each time I try, all the morphs remain at zero value .i.e. no morphs are selcted for Transfer.

Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited April 2018

Nothing wrong at all. When you drag the ++ Morphs, the morphs are at zero value. In fact they should be. You will dial some values to some morphs to build your customized figure. A lot of characters for Victoria 4 are build from ++ Morphs dialed values while someones have one or more custom sculpted morphs. If you intend to transfer a lot of Victoria 4 based characters to another genesis generation, then you defintely should tranfer all ++ Morphs even with zero values.

If you want just some characters, you don't need care about to tranfer all ++ Morphs in one time. Just drag the INJ characters and Gen X will transfer just the necessary morphs once you select to transfer just the non-zero morphs.

Post edited by MBusch on
  • edited May 2018

I get the same error message every time I try to click "Transfer"..."Morphs should be in the morphs folder for the according figure. Continue anyway?" If I click "Yes" as far as I can see, nothing happens. The "History" Tab for Genx2 shows the following;

"GenX - Transferring morphs.
    Creating clone morph ...
    Loading figure ...
    C:/Users/BONEIDOL/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Genesis3Female.dsf
    Creating intermediate clone morph ...
    Loading figure ...
    C:/Users/BONEIDOL/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf
    Loading figure ...
    Error loading figure.
    Error creating intermediate morph from clone.
    Error creating morph from clone."

Can anyone help with this? I have the G2 & G3 add-ons installed (obviously) but so far I've been pulling my hair out over this for over a month and I've been unable to transfer so much as an eyelash!

Post edited by marcussrjbates_b1589f87c6 on
  • edited May 2018

I've managed to get rid of the "Morphs should be in the morphs folder for the according figure. Continue anyway?" warning by redirecting the Output folder to the Morphs folder in the Data folder (following advice gleaned in this thread), and have reinstalled Genx2 and the G3 & G2 add-ons for the 6th (7th?) time, but it ain't helped one bit...still getting the same gobbledygook about "Error creating intermediate morph from clone"...(wth is an "intermediate morph" anyway? Sounds like what happened to Jeff Goldblum in The Fly...) frown

UPDATE: Found answer in this thread. Needed Genesis Starter Essentials installed...not sure why for V4 to Genesis 3, but understanding is not required, only product compliance. Product is now compliant. Good product! yes

Post edited by marcussrjbates_b1589f87c6 on
  • Is there any possibility of extending this to Genesis 8?

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited March 2019

Is there any possibility of extending this to Genesis 8?

Genx-2? Virtually none.

Someone else will have to come up with an alternative, since Dimension3D has sadly died. See this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/172671/r-i-p-ralf-sesseler-aka-dimension-3d/p1

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • Is there any possibility of extending this to Genesis 8?

Genx-2? Virtually none.

Someone else will have to come up with an alternative, since Dimension3D has sadly died. See this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/172671/r-i-p-ralf-sesseler-aka-dimension-3d/p1

Unless Daz3D has the sourcecode and is willing to let someone else take over the project.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

Is there any possibility of extending this to Genesis 8?

Genx-2? Virtually none.

Unless Daz3D has the sourcecode and is willing to let someone else take over the project.

Would have happened by now if that was the case. Besides, DAZ needs to make money, so coming out with a converter wouldn't make financial sense, that's why they leave it up to the PAs.

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394

I have to say I'm bitterly disapointed too.  I've been waiting for it to come out ever since g8 hit the market. I was also saddened because it feels like lots of people who create wonderful things are dissapearing lately.  Someone who knows how to make things like this should tactfully approach the family about the sourcecode.  Explain to them how it helps thousands of artists create more art and that it will continue his legacy.  Maybe it could even be renamed after him.  Just a thought.

• ooofestooofest Posts: 36
    edited June 2019

Hi Folks,

This wonderful add-on used to work fine for me, but lately it's been breaking on every run :( .  I tried deleting the Daz Public Build and its remnants from my system, plus uninstalled all Starter Essentials and GenX2 base+additional conversion packs, then reinstalled.  Unfortunately, I keep experiencing the same error for *any* conversion attempt, but here's the error when trying to convert a Laura 3 + face morph -> Genesis 3 clone figure:

GenX - Transferring morphs.

Creating clone morph ...

Loading figure ...

C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Genesis3Female.dsf

Loading figure ...

C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf

Loading figure ...

C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf

Loading figure ...

C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf

Error loading target morph.

Error creating morph from clone.

I have confirmed that C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf exists and have only a single content library at C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/ .  GenX2 options I'm using are attached.

Ideas on how to overcome these blocking errors are welcome.

On a different subject, I have only recently learned of Dimension3D's passing and was sad to hear so.  I just purchased the Genesis 3 add-on for GenX2 and hope such sales revenue properly routes to his next of kin.  His scripts have been a part of my work since Poser and this add-on has softened the move to Daz3D by bringing many of my prior characters to life in a new context.

GenX2 error 01.png
    594 x 949 - 34K
    Post edited by ooofest on
  • ooofestooofest Posts: 36
    edited June 2019

This is a followup of my above post in case it helps others with similar problems.

This comment gave me a clue:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/962850/#Comment_962850

I looked for the "clone" files in my content library and they were missing!  For some reason, Daz 3D items seem to go missing after I run the Install Manager multiple times in a session (because it has difficulty installing some products - such as the base GenX2 package) - so, it may be that when I uninstall/reinstall some problem packages, other items are being lost at times.  It's a mysterious thing, but has happened before and because of that I've direct-downloaded all my purchases so they can be manually reinstalled as needed.

In this case, I manually reinstalled all the "... Shapes for Genesis" packages and then the GenX2 conversion of a Laura 3 figure with face morphs was able to run without the above error messages.

There are other issues now (i.e., the new GenX morph seems to have no effect on my Genesis 3 base figure), but I'll experiment with that more until posting for more advice.

Post edited by ooofest on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,873
    freni-kyn said:

I have to say I'm bitterly disapointed too.  I've been waiting for it to come out ever since g8 hit the market. I was also saddened because it feels like lots of people who create wonderful things are dissapearing lately.  Someone who knows how to make things like this should tactfully approach the family about the sourcecode.  Explain to them how it helps thousands of artists create more art and that it will continue his legacy.  Maybe it could even be renamed after him.  Just a thought.

Back in Spring 2017 when Ralf died, his brother contacted me (I presume he was answering Ralf's unanswered sitemail at Renderosity) to tell me he had passed. During the exchange, I asked him about the family possibly making the scripts available for someone else to continue Ralf's work. He said, "There's no one in the family who knows his software so even though we have access to his computer his work cannot be continued."

• Kharma said:

So I solved my issue with the error messages of the Daz connect folder and the morph folders...the issue is that both my cloud folder for connect and Daz 3D where the morphs from GenX are both in the data folder. So the change I made was to click on the Connect Path button which only lists E:/My Library/data as the path but I needed to add cloud to it so it now reads E:/My Library/data/cloud and I have nothing for the output path.   Once I made that change my character transfer worked perfectly.  I hope this can help anyone else who can't get off the Daz Connect/morph folder error message merry go round in GenX.  When I went to the shaping tab under Genesis 3 female and clicked on GenX folder I now have Genesis 2, Victoria 4, and my new lola character transfer altho I am not sure why Genesis 2 is there as I haven't done any transfer with her yet.

Thank you thank you thank you heartcryingyes

I have spent three or four hours trying to get GenX2 to work. Thank goodness people like you will at least post their findings!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

@gamesfromlove  your welcome! So glad that information helped you :)

• I'll paste this here in case someone ends up here somehow:

So now I'll write my quick tutorial:

1. Download GenX with install manager
    2. Go to your daz profile on this website and look for your serial numbers - copy the genesis generations code
    3. Go to the daz studio application and go to help > about installed plugins > look for genx and paste your code. It won't show up unless you do this.
    4. Now right click your panes, add a pane, and find genx. Now don't do anything with it.
    5. Go to edit > preferences > content > bottom button which says 'content directory manager'
    6. In the content director manager, I have mine set up with a 'Here is my daz stuff' folder. I think for most people this would be their daz root. For me it's literally F:/Daz Stuff. Remember the name of each.
    7. Add a second directory that points to your 'Daz 3D library' folder.
    8. Go to your Genx pane and click the 'connected paths' button. Make it match that first one in content directory manager. For me, it's 'F:/Daz Stuff'.
    9. Now for most people you don't have to change the output folder path on the bottom. But I had to. Mine is literally just F/:
    10. In this example I'll go from gen1 to gen3.
    11. Load up your figure from the content library or smart content. Doesn't matter.
    12. Go to genx pane and go to source. Hit 'genesis'.
    13. Go to 'select' then 'get values from figure in source'
    14. Now go to select again and 'transfer on for all non-zero values'.
    15. Make sure the target says genesis 3 female (I'm transferring to female)
    16. My connect path is literally just F/: so I mean...

And that all worked for me just now to transfer Kimberly to Genesis 3.

I can now use Xtransfer to get her from Gen3 to Gen8.

This should cover pretty much all that you need to do that. It took me a long time to figure this out and gather the data so I hope someone stumbled upon this way.

And when in doubt - delete all of your stuff, re-install with DIM, put daz on the root of your device and try my method laugh

• I have this product, I bought it years ago and I have used it before. I have made a new character in G2 female that I want to convert to G3 female and I can't find this product, I have searched in scripts, in G2 and G3 antatomy, searched in daz studio, and nothing. The readme says it should be under: DAZ 3D:Studio4:GenX2” and it's not there. I have looked in Dim and it's must be installed for I have the option to uninstall. Please help me find this sad

• MeneerWolfmanMeneerWolfman Posts: 421

I have this product, I bought it years ago and I have used it before. I have made a new character in G2 female that I want to convert to G3 female and I can't find this product, I have searched in scripts, in G2 and G3 antatomy, searched in daz studio, and nothing. The readme says it should be under: DAZ 3D:Studio4:GenX2” and it's not there. I have looked in Dim and it's must be installed for I have the option to uninstall. Please help me find this sad

It's its own pane. You'll have to make that pane visible to use the program.

• I have this product, I bought it years ago and I have used it before. I have made a new character in G2 female that I want to convert to G3 female and I can't find this product, I have searched in scripts, in G2 and G3 antatomy, searched in daz studio, and nothing. The readme says it should be under: DAZ 3D:Studio4:GenX2” and it's not there. I have looked in Dim and it's must be installed for I have the option to uninstall. Please help me find this sad

Thanks for the reply! smiley I got a new pc a while ago so I had to write in the serialnumber again to see the pane. I found the manual pdf and it worked but there's a big bug with the converted morph lol: 

Any ideas on how to fix this? what could be wrong? I have used this before years ago and the models didn't look like this. 

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Looks like the jaw with the teeth needs to be either scaled down or moved back inside the mouth ......

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    carrie58 said:

Looks like the jaw with the teeth needs to be either scaled down or moved back inside the mouth ......

The original character may have used the morph in combination with some scaling / translating for the mouth.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,052

I have this product, I bought it years ago and I have used it before. I have made a new character in G2 female that I want to convert to G3 female and I can't find this product, I have searched in scripts, in G2 and G3 antatomy, searched in daz studio, and nothing. The readme says it should be under: DAZ 3D:Studio4:GenX2” and it's not there. I have looked in Dim and it's must be installed for I have the option to uninstall. Please help me find this sad

Thanks for the reply! smiley I got a new pc a while ago so I had to write in the serialnumber again to see the pane. I found the manual pdf and it worked but there's a big bug with the converted morph lol: 

Any ideas on how to fix this? what could be wrong? I have used this before years ago and the models didn't look like this. 

Be sure all the morphs necessary for the original character are transferred - like, the character may need Morphs++, The Girl, and Aiko.

• Thank you so much for the replies! smiley I'll look into what's needed for the characters I used in making my Lara character, I think I used 2 characters +some additional morphs. If that still doesn't work I'll try converting just the characters I used and try and make the same changes in G3 as I did in G2. 

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 694
    edited May 2020

I converted the characters necessary for the character I used in my Lara but got the same  result.  I then loaded a second Daz Studio, loaded my Lara G2 in one and G3 in the other and compared morph by morph, found all the same names, added the values, but she looked different. So I compared the Laras and made some changes in my Lara G3, different values for her and I this is as close likeness as I can get I think. I'm happy I got it to work on the character I used for G2 Lara so I still had use for this converter. This is my Laras side by side: 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • dmputadmputa Posts: 36

Hi, surely this is a question that has already been answered, but I can't find the answer.

I just want to transfer morphs from G1 to G3, and transfer morphs from G3F to G3M. So, I need "Genesis Generation X2" and "GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 3" for sure, but in "GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 3" it says "GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2" is required. Do I really need "GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2"? If I'm not going to work with G2, is it really necessary to buy that other addon?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    edited October 2020

Yes, you need the G2 add-on too:

"Please note that the only clone morphs available for Genesis 3 are from the predecessor Genesis 2, but not the initial Genesis figure or for Poser figures. Hence, Genesis 2 is always required as an intermediate figure, and thus the Genesis 3 add-on will not work without the Genesis 2 add-on for GenX2."

Post edited by Leana on
  • dmputadmputa Posts: 36
    Leana said:

Yes, you need the G2 add-on too:

"Please note that the only clone morphs available for Genesis 3 are from the predecessor Genesis 2, but not the initial Genesis figure or for Poser figures. Hence, Genesis 2 is always required as an intermediate figure, and thus the Genesis 3 add-on will not work without the Genesis 2 add-on for GenX2."

Ok, thank you very much.
    What a bad luck, sad I was going to buy it because it was on sale but the offer has disappeared. I will have to wait more.