GenX2 Update / Genesis 3 Add-On [Commercial]

Comments

• OKCRandyOKCRandy Posts: 27

Where is the correct path for the Output Folder? I have looked at the manual and searched the net but cannot find the answer

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

In my experience the output folder can be anywhere you want, as long as it is within your top level " My Daz Library" folder ( or whatever your folder is named).

OKCRandy said:

Where is the correct path for the Output Folder? I have looked at the manual and searched the net but cannot find the answer

• Your output folder must be inside the "Morphs" folder of the target figure. Otherwise you get a warning, and if you continue anyway, the morphs will not be loaded for the figure. The default output folder is "D3D Gen X" and then a subfolder with the name of the source figure. Finally, GenX uses the content folder where it finds the geometry file of the figure. If Genesis is installed by DAZ Connect, the first content folder outside Connect is used.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,141
    edited September 2016

Is there anyway to export the converted morphs for back up purposes?  I eventually hope to get a new computer and would like to be able to move my work to that new computer. 

Edit Eventually as in daz soon which could mean next year to next decade.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • All converted morphs are in the "Morphs/D3D Gen X" in the data folder of each figure. You can simply copy the DSF files to a different computer or backup device. These are morph files like any other, you don't need the GenX plugin to use them.

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 255

So I picked up some nice new characters and the GenX G3 AddOn in the month o'big sales and settled in for some happy downgrading (yes, I still use Genesis 1. :P)

Bethany 7 converted no problem and looks fabulous. But Kimo 7...

Whenever loading Genesis 3 Male as a source, I get a string of Kimo 7 "Invalid morph file" errors (see screenshot for sample) and the Kimo 7 Head does not show up under the "Head" region, and unsurprisingly, doesn't transfer to Genesis as part of the Kimo 7 morph. The body transfers just fine. I've tested Genesis 3, and Kimo's head is loading just fine on the base model.

... suggestions?

(I'm also having trouble with Marcel for G2, but that seems to be a different issue and I'll save it for another post. Kimo's the one I was really looking forward to. :()

Screenshot 2016-10-01 11.26.48.png
    1680 x 1050 - 538K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,882

Have you tried to reinstall Kimo 7 or is Kimo 7 depending on something you do not have (Just guessing here as I do not have that figure so In cannot test this, and I usually go the other way, bring my Genesis/Genesis2 characters to Gen3 ).
    Need to move Ulfnaar to G3M one day....

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 255
    edited October 2016

Totte said:

Have you tried to reinstall Kimo 7 or is Kimo 7 depending on something you do not have (Just guessing here as I do not have that figure so In cannot test this, and I usually go the other way, bring my Genesis/Genesis2 characters to Gen3 ).

The site doesn't list any dependencies, and unless Daz has really changed things, the core Gene Pool characters never have had dependencies (aside from 'must have Genesis 3', which I do.)

I just tried a reinstall and it didn't work. I'll try deleting the zip from DIM and re-downloading tomorrow morning -- my husband is gaming at the moment, and if I start a 300MG download there will be screams.

UPDATE: Deleted the zip and reinstalled from that, downloaded the zip from the website and installed from that to see if DIM was doing anything. No dice.

I recall reading upthread that someone was having similar errors loading Kalea. Isn't that Kimo's companion release for G3F? Is there something specific about the Kimo/Kalea characters that could be causing errors? As I said before, I transfered Bethany with no errors and she's working beautifully, so it seems to be a character-specific issue.

Post edited by katfeete on
  • Kimo and Kalea are rather new figures. Maybe there's some change or addition in the DSF file format that GenX can't interpret. I will have a look at it.

• The Kimo morph itself loads into GenX and can be transferred. Several dependent correction morphs don't load into GenX because some URLs use different upper/lower case spelling than usual. I will fix this in a future update.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,017

The Kimo morph itself loads into GenX and can be transferred. Several dependent correction morphs don't load into GenX because some URLs use different upper/lower case spelling than usual. I will fix this in a future update.

Thanks in advance for the future update. I appreciate vendors who keep their products up to date. smileyyes

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,201

Just wanted to thank you, Dimension3D.

The learning curve can be pretty rough--using this is definitely an educational experience--but GenX2 is a great resource.

So thanks!

j

• Help!

I always convert my V4 characters to G2F by creating a cr2 and loading this....I have done dozens with no problem.

Now I have a problem....any new conversions I try to do all look like the last character that converted successfully.

I know the Cr2 is ok because it loads the character how it should look.

But every character now looks the same as the last successful one.

Anyone know what could be happening...uninstalling and reinstalling doesn`t help...now every conversion I try to do looks like salma hayek;]

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 2016

When a character has v4 & Genesis versions what has been people's experience converting to g2/g3? From what I've seen before it seems that v4 clothing converts better to g2 (then it does to Genesis) and that v4 has a higher poly count then genesis so it seems that converting from v4 might yield better results then from Genesis but would be interested in hearing from anyone who has tested this.

Also, what is the difference between "xxx for v(m)4" and "xxx for v(m)4 Studio CF"

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Help!

I always convert my V4 characters to G2F by creating a cr2 and loading this....I have done dozens with no problem.

Now I have a problem....any new conversions I try to do all look like the last character that converted successfully.

I know the Cr2 is ok because it loads the character how it should look.

But every character now looks the same as the last successful one.

Anyone know what could be happening...uninstalling and reinstalling doesn`t help...now every conversion I try to do looks like salma hayek;]

I think I had something sort of like this happen once. Somehow a character overwrote all my g3f figures. All of them! I had to delete the offending character entirely. So maybe delete Salma (or move her to a back up location if you don't want to lose her,) and see if that works. You may need to reinstall GenX if something got screwy in its files.
  • Gedd said:
    Also, what is the difference between "xxx for v(m)4" and "xxx for v(m)4 Studio CF"

The CF is a "Companion File" (could be for D|S or Poser) that contains only materials settings, the actual object and textures will be in the other installer. The one withourt a CF is a complete installer, either for D|S or Poser (you'll have to read the store page carefully to tell which is which). For old stuff like V4/M4 items, I think all of the ones you'll see like this will be Poser full installer, D|S materials only. There were very few items of that vintage with full D|S installers.

Thank you, I remember now. Was quite a bit of confusion about that in the forums a ways back. ;)

Also, if we want to delete a morph (say it didn't work out the way we wanted) all we have to do is delete the file from the morphs folder it looks like. Is that correct?

Gedd said:

Also, if we want to delete a morph (say it didn't work out the way we wanted) all we have to do is delete the file from the morphs folder it looks like. Is that correct?

You can do that, or do it in GenX. One of the tabs in GenX lets you delete morphs while still running Daz. Either option works.

Thanks, that would be simpler.

No one has compared morphing to g2 from v4 vs genesis?

I only came along in the past year. But with so much stuff in that Gen4 era, and with Daz sometimes almost giving away V/M4 content, I ended up with a fair number of old figures, which in turn I converted to G2.

Yeah, the last tab in GenX is "morphs," and you it has a drop down menu for each generation, which is further divided into folders with your morphs. However, I will warn you its kind of finicky for me. So it may not work so easy after all.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,191

Hey all, I have GenX and I have posted a thread about a problem I am having with it. I am hoping that someone here could help. I am having a problem converting characters from V4 to G2F with GenX. I get to the last step where I actually use GenX to create the morph and I get two error messages in the GenX popup window telling me that there is an error loading target clone morph and an error creating morph from clone.It did it with 4.8 and now 4.9. I had 4.8 installed on my C drive and my content on E drive and now I have my 4.9 installed on my D drive and my content is still on my E drive. 

Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it? If so I could really use some help!! 

Error message.jpg
    600 x 800 - 197K
  • Do you have Genesis (the initial version) installed? To transfer morphs from a Poser figure to Genesis 2, GenX needs Genesis 1 to transfer the clone morphs from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 before it can transfer the actual morphs.

yes I have Gensis 1, 2 & 3 as well as V4 installed in Studio 4.9

• The error message is "Error loading target clone morph."

So, one of the following clone morph files either doesn't exist or can't be located or loaded by GenX:

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/CloneVictoria4.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/CloneGenesis.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/CloneGenesis.dsf

These files must be either in the Connect library or in one of the DAZ content folders for the content library.

GenX tries to transfer CloneVictoria4 from Genesis to Genesis 2 based on the CloneGenesis morph, but it fails loading one of these morphs.

This issue was corrected yesterday. I had a thread in the commons before I found this one and Lindsey was able to determine that I had a data file in my preset folder that was causing the error. 

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Rearranging files and screwed up, installed manually, can you tell me what folder the dsx file( addon genesis 3) belongs in.

Do not want to screw up the original installation

• DSX files are usually under Content/Runtime/Support and contain only help and indexing information for the library. They are not used by GenX. (There's also Manifest.dsx, which is used by DIM only, but also not required otherwise.)

If you do a manual install, the files from the ZIP have to be placed into the following folders:

Windows:
    DLL (32bit OS or 64bit plugin): C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins
    DLL (32bit plugin on 64bit OS): C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins
    Data: DAZ Studio Release configuration folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\GenX2

MacOS:
    Dylib (32bit): ~/Programs/DAZ 3D/Studio4/plugins
    Dylib (64bit): ~/Programs/DAZ 3D/Studio4 64-bit/plugins
    data: ~/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4\GenX2

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Thank you so much. got careless, in a hurry.

Program itself is ok ,it is the placement of GenX2Addon for Genesis 3 files that I need the locations  for

• The Add-on files (i.e. .gxs, .gxt etc.) go to the folder that I listed as "data" above.