The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,148
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I want to do some errands but the house lady does not want me to drive my car.

It is Saturday here already, I'm time shifting errands until next week :)

I am not allowed to drive my car this morning. I feel stuck and trapped

well, you are stuck and trapped if she has your keys.

is she recommending you don't drive for health reasons? -medication vs operating heavy machinery
    is she ordering you not to drive cause she has legal authority over you and is on a power trip?

what are your choices?

I have my keys. She is the one in charge of the group home.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Nearly 2300 on the hottest day evah, think there were hotter days a few years ago, Might be worse weather next week I guess if the rain holds off. It always rains, in the long run. There are fruitbats scratching around in our old pear tree, very nimble and shy, making a kind of swooshing sound when they launch. A huge cockroach is standing on a chairback twitching and sauntering in the moonlight as if it owns the place, I guess everything is as kinda normal as it gets around here. Ohh smileys! :)

fresh ripe pears?

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    good lord its too damn early for me to be up..

passes morning cawffee

and belly rub for furry friend

I thought you meant you just took a leak. My bad!

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

GRRRR! Blogger is not letting me upload pictures, the button to browse for files on my computer is not showing up, I'm no where near the storage limit (all my pics fall into the free storage category)

Rant! Rant! Rant!

>:(

edited December 1969

It's Friday in not so lovely Austin, Texas! 37F, with rain and hail! :aaah: :gulp: :bug: I got bopped with bitty hail all the way from the bus stop... meh. :blank:

Cold and damp all weekend, in theory. :blank: And I have to grocery shop tomorrow as I'm out of bread, diet soda, and other sundrys. Meh.

Moved out of my old temp room last night/this morning and will be in a new temp room tonight, until such time as a more permanent place is available. Feh. No real desk in the new room, I'll have to use my laptop desk. I'll be spending a lot of time writing and reading, and listening to music! :)

TGIF. This hasn't been a great week. :blank:

hail ... in Austin?

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Rareth said:
    good lord its too damn early for me to be up..

passes morning cawffee

and belly rub for furry friend

I thought you meant you just took a leak. My bad!

hi LH! glad to see you made it through the 2013 fractal core :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I want to do some errands but the house lady does not want me to drive my car.

It is Saturday here already, I'm time shifting errands until next week :)

I am not allowed to drive my car this morning. I feel stuck and trapped

well, you are stuck and trapped if she has your keys.

is she recommending you don't drive for health reasons? -medication vs operating heavy machinery
    is she ordering you not to drive cause she has legal authority over you and is on a power trip?

what are your choices?

I have my keys. She is the one in charge of the group home.

authority figures

accepting authority

consequences?

edited December 1969

I am not happy. I am probably going to be kicked out of the current group home

edited December 1969

She is the authority figure of that ****** group home I living at.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Complaint: Yesterday I was told by my doctor that I have the big "C". I am so not looking forward to whatever non-pleasurable crap I am going to have to go through over the next several months.

Non-Complaint: At least he didn't give me a time frame, for now.

Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have posted this, but others on the site wanted to know what my diagnosis was. I guess at this point I have a doom and gloom outlook on life, but hopefully things get better for me soon, which will probably be DAZ soon.

Moving on, there's nothing to see here but a broken-hearted 52 yr old man.

Okay enough of feeling sorry for myself. I will go back trying to make a funny here and there and still complain as usual.

Off to work I go!

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Complaint: Yesterday I was told by my doctor that I have the big "C". I am so not looking forward to whatever non-pleasurable crap I am going to have to go through over the next several months.

Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have posted this, but others on the site wanted to know what my diagnosis was. I guess at this point I have a doom and gloom outlook on life, but hopefully things get better for me soon, which will probably be DAZ soon.

Okay enough of feeling sorry for myself. I will go back trying to make a funny here and there and still complain as usual.

Off to work I go!

oh sweety, i'm so soo sorry.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It's Friday in not so lovely Austin, Texas! 37F, with rain and hail! :aaah: :gulp: :bug: I got bopped with bitty hail all the way from the bus stop... meh. :blank:

Cold and damp all weekend, in theory. :blank: And I have to grocery shop tomorrow as I'm out of bread, diet soda, and other sundrys. Meh.

Moved out of my old temp room last night/this morning and will be in a new temp room tonight, until such time as a more permanent place is available. Feh. No real desk in the new room, I'll have to use my laptop desk. I'll be spending a lot of time writing and reading, and listening to music! :)

TGIF. This hasn't been a great week. :blank:

hail ... in Austin?

Oh, yes indeedy! :ahhh: We got 2 days of snow last year, one snow day and one ice day the year before.

It's not an all-Winter thing but we do get FROZEN WATER FROM THE SKY :gulp: once or twice a Winter.

Gots me some cawwwwwwwfeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Off to work I go!

Ugh, geez, well, that totally sucks!!!

Hopefully it's something they can take care of without too much trouble. I know some people that have been through chemo and, while it blows dead goats when it's happening, they came out the other end clean.

Hang in there!!!!

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I am so sorry about these results. The complaint thread will always be here for you to unload. You won't be alone.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes if you want to gripe, we are always here to listen.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

a whip creme texture would need a lot of blinn, glossy, not reflective, a scatter node - definitely.

I had that album in high school. I bought it for the music because I played the trumpet in the marching band, not because of the cover - a sad but true story. :red:
    edited December 1969

I wrote the following rant before I saw Ledhead's announcement. Now this just seems like stupid whining on my part. But I already typed it up so here it is.

Hi! Been captured by Microsoft, and being held hostage by Windoze 8. Spent the last 2 days of my waking life banging my head against my new Samsung laptop and crying. I know you've all been there before. I finally felt sorry for my old beater and decided it would be cheaper to upgrade to a new machine than to further torture the old one.
    The good news: I finally got just about everything going and ready for some Daz downloading and updating.
    The bad news: Firefox is borked on pretty much all websites, so I'm having to use (choke) IE10. The absolute slowest at downloading images for the first time, and won't scroll while they do. :ahhh: Not to mention I'm using Thunderbird to get my email 'cause MicroDork thinks it best not to support their own Outlook Express anymore after Vista! Oh and even though it comes with Norton, when I upgraded to the subscription version I already own, IE10 doesn't want to play nice with it. It works, but it whines that Norton Internet Security is slowing down my searches...
    All I need now is to be told the latest versions of Daz's free graphics programs won't work with Windoze 8 (even if it's true, please don't tell me.
    I'm sure that Updates will fix all my problems and we can hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" real S^#n,

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Glad you told us my friend. I will be thinking about you and praying. Do not give up. People do survive, more of them each day. I have a feeling you'll be one of them. Peace and healing to you.
    edited December 1969

Oh, poor Tjohn torture by windoze 8, what a dreadful fate. That version of Windoze is so not ever going to go anywhere near a PC that I own. :roll:

edited December 1969

@Woolyloach
    Did your Avy fall off or is just the probs I'm having using my new comp? :ohh:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    @Woolyloach

I see my ugly mug in Chrome [email protected]ce - so it's still there SOMEWHERE. :blank:

This forum does Weird Things(tm) sometimes, though...! :bug:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Oh, poor Tjohn torture by windoze 8, what a dreadful fate. That version of Windoze is so not ever going to go anywhere near a PC that I own. :roll:

Thanks for the sympathies. The thing is, I like to buy locally so I have real people to yell at when problems arise. All the comps in the stores are Windoze 8. :P
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    @Woolyloach

I see my ugly mug in Chrome [email protected]ce - so it's still there SOMEWHERE. :blank:

This forum does Weird Things(tm) sometimes, though...! :bug:

Weird. So far yours is the only one missing for me. :roll:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    chohole said:

Thanks for the sympathies. The thing is, I like to buy locally so I have real people to yell at when problems arise. All the comps in the stores are Windoze 8. :P

I knew there was a reason I found a company that builds my new computers for me, instead of having to buy an off the shelf model.

edited December 1969

so glad i called in sick this morning. need a serious noon snoozle.

edited December 1969

oh noes -store is doing it again

is it a symptom of an addict i check the fastgrab before sleeping?

untitled1.png
    761 x 491 - 26K
    edited December 1969

A hard refresh is your friend. Clear your cache. then either Ctrl+F5 or Shift+Ctrl+R or SHift+Browser refresh button.

Sometimes you need to reboot the computer as well.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    A hard refresh is your friend. Clear your cache. then either Ctrl+F5 or Shift+Ctrl+R or SHift+Browser refresh button.

Sometimes you need to reboot the computer as well.

A cool libation could also help, in case none of the rest of that works. :)
    edited January 2013

Sounds like a good idea, mines a double Southern Comfort, easy on the ice.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Complaint and rant and bloggy thing all at once! :smirk:

This years keyword: SIMPLIFY. I built up too much crap again and am going on a selling spree over the next few months, reducing the number of things I have and replacing some old stuff with newer versions. Time to focus on just 3 things:Writing, Music (guitar/drums), and 3D art.. in that order! :gulp:

I've gotten my music OFF the computer 100% as of late last month, and the laptop I had loaned out has come home, so I'll dedicate the i5 system to visual arts, the Asus dual-core Pentium to writing, and I have a tablet PC coming in to replace my Android tablet. My old Dell D610 and my Vizio Android tablet will go on Craigslist, along with some effects pedals for my guitar that I no longer use (replaced 3 pedals with 1 device, w00t!).

I HATE having too much stuff! Seems like SOMETHING happens once a year that makes me move my stuff, and I have enough that it's become a pain in the fins to box and transport it all. Feh! Out with it all! :snake:

Gotta record some music, finish a novel, and produce some cover/backplate art and album art! That's a years worth of work right there! :ahhh: :bug:

Anyway, argh, cleaning up is coming and I'll flood Craigslist with goodies.

Bored bored bored, tired of reading manuals, YouTube is blocked so I can't watch guitar tutorials, and the Amazon Cloud Reader is acting up and some of my Kindle books aren't displaying right. I think I'll leave an hour early, I can afford it, go hit the bank and GO OUT! The weather is nasty but I'm tired of being stuck indoors!!!!! :ahhh:

I feel better now... rant over... :red: :red:

This discussion has been closed.